Koalas & kangaroos



Dear Class,

we have been to an animal wildlife park!
There were lots of kangaroos hopping free in the enclosure and I fed them! The white kangaroos are albinos. They don’t have any colour in their body. Their eyes are red.
Kangaroos are so soft and the feeling when they are eating out of your hand is incredible!
In the park I also held a real koala!
Koalas only eat eukalyptus, so my koala smelt very much like eukalyptus! There are 600 types of eukalyptus. People here call them gum trees. Normally the leaves of gum trees are poisonous for animals but koalas and some other marsupials can eat them. Koalas are very fussy eaters, they only eat a few types of gum tree and nothing else.

Best regards,
many kangaroos, koalas & Thalia 







Comments

Oh, Thalia! Compared to your news, ours are indeed boring! ; )
Thank you so much for this fascinating post. I could actually feel the softness and the nibbling of the kangaroos... All I had to do was close my eyes! Looking forward to hearing more...