Pet Talk - Funny Animal Texts - Mindmap 07 - allowed to


You'd better curtsy and listen!


I'm not allowed to eat humans’ food, 
especially not when they are in bad mood.


I'm not allowed to sing my food song, 
they always say I sing it so wrong.


I'm not allowed to bring them a rat 
or they will call me silly fat cat, 


but there’s one thing they always forget, 
the Queen of the house is still the cat!

by Laura


you had better - du solltest besser/lieber (zuhören)
curtsy - knicksen, eine Knicks machen

not quite a cat, but cute:

Comments

I absolutely LOVE this text for three reasons: 1) because of the rhymes 2) because of the insightfulness into the psyche of cats - it clearly shows that the writer knows how cats "tick" 3) because it makes me smile whenever I read it (and I have come back a dozen times!)
Anonymous said…
I liked the text because of the rhymes and for me it is really funny. I liked it too because it was not too long. - Flora
Tim Sausau said…
I liked that one because it's funny to read and I have also a cat (actually two) and it's the truth
Anonymous said…
I really like this text 'cause the rhymes are really funny and I like the end sentence.
Anouk
Elija said…
I liked that text, because all words are true. I have also two cats, and I HATE it when they bring a mouse. Nice text.