When life changes the rules - REVISIT! Because the answers are so telling...





(various students' answers)


    Are you allowed to invite your friends over?
    Yes, of course I am, but not these days - it´s Corona time. I'm looking forward to inviting ALL my friends when this crisis is over.

    Do your parents let you come home late?
    Sometimes they do, but not so often. Right now I am hardly ever leaving my home. I wouldn't want to stay out late, anyways.

    Do your parents let you have parties at home?
    Yes, they do - for example, birthday parties or New Year's Eve parties.
    We had a birthday party yesterday. My best friend was there. She was outside, in our garden. We had a piece of cake each and we spoke for a short time (of course, keeping the distance of 2m minimum). We were cold but couldn't go inside together. It was both good and sad. I miss my friends.

    Does your dad let you drive his care?
    No, he doesn't let me drive his car because I am only 13.
    Sometimes he lets me sit in the driver's seat and push down on the accelerator. I think he has always wanted me to learn to drive in his car.

    Do your parents let you surf the internet?
    Yes, of course they do. I am allowed to do research and right now, I am also allowed to meet my friends on Telegram (Skype, Zoom,...) or text via What'sApp.

    Are you allowed to have a pet at home?
    No, because my dad has an allergy to animal hair.
    We aren't allowed to have furry pets in our flat. Fish would work, but you can't cuddle them. So what's the point?



      Comments

      Anonymous said…
      I think the text is very good because it is about how it is now, when we have to stay at home. And the answers are not so short, so it is fun to read them. - Mia